Dear players of ENW,
Please note, your team not being able to play on the date which has been chosen is not a reason to not play. Message Ruizu#3483 on Discord about this. A seperate match day can be arranged. The vote is based on 3 days, however the tournament will most likely be finished on the second day, consider the third as an extra day, just to be safe.
Be sure to read through all of this post. Important topics arise everywhere and we don't want you to miss any important information.
If you have any questions, ping any of the leadership team or myself in the Discord.
This post may be updated in the future, please keep tabs on it.
We are very happy to see the amount of teams signed up so far, we like the enthusiasm shown by the community!
If you have not yet signed up, please do so by joining our Discord and check out the channel #tournament-info for intructions on how to do so!
What server will we be hosting the games on?
First of all, we will be playing on TWO ENW hosted servers. We have tested one server which was a great success.
The reason for 2 servers is to speed up the process of the Tournament.
Here's the server information:
Region: EU West
Map pool: de_dust2, de_mirage, de_cache, de_inferno, de_nuke, de_train, de_overpass, de_cbble,
Each tournament-round will be a best of one. Only the finals is an exclusion, being a best of three.
What team plays against what team will be randomly generated. We will by no means have any influence on this and this will happen closer to the start date of the tournament.
ENW Admins will be allowed to setup games. The instructions for this will be distributed to the staff team, this in order to not be dependent on certain staff to handle everything.
Match Settings and rules
- The Match-Administrator will set-up the match by picking a captain for each team. This will be determined based on a (captain) tag on signup, or if not provided, with the top player in the team (who is also present).
- Please follow chat commands as displayed in the in-game chat. This mostly exists of typing ".ready"
- In-game, the VETO Map voting will be used. PLEASE NOTE: The map which the captain votes on will be REMOVED, not kept. Vote away maps your team DOESN'T want, so you end up with the map you DO want.
- Normal match making times and settings will be enforced.
- The team captain has to be available on Discord / Steam at the time of the tournament so we can contact them if necessary.
- Initial knife round is ENABLED. The winner will be able to choose whether they stay on the team they're on, or if they want to swap. Commands for this are ".stay" and ".swap"
- Best of 30 rounds (first to 16 wins) or win 4-2 in Overtime.
- On round end, Damage will be displayed. Damage on death will NOT be shown whilst the round is still being played.
- Cheating in any form will get you permanently banned from the community.
- Cheating Will also reflect back to your team, they will be disqualified and might also face further punishment if deemed necessary by staff.
- We will be using an additional anti-cheat plugin, so we encourage you not to try and push your luck. This is a fun community tournament, not some big thing.Being in any comms other than the dedicated discord channel for your team, will get you banned as well as your team disqualified.
- We will make Discord roles for each team, you will have your own voice chat and will not be able to join other teams' channel.
- Whilst we have not fully organised the ins and outs of it, by being part of the tournament you explicitly allow us to record and live stream the event.
- Our terms of service apply to anything and everything that we do. We advise that you read them before attending the event or renewing your VIP subscription.
- Each team has the ability to type ".pause" this will make the next round be frozen. Both teams will have to type ".unpause" for the match to be continued.
- We will cap the amount of pauses at 2 PER team. making it 4 in total.
In case of a draw after all 30 rounds have been played, an overtime will be played with mp_maxrounds 6 and mp_startmoney 10000. For the start of the overtime teams will stay on the side which they played the previous half on, during half-time (after 3 rounds into overtime) sides will be swapped. Teams will continue to play overtimes until a winner has been found. (meaning, a team winning with 4-2 in that specific overtime)
Our very own Bhop server leader, @Melt (Josh) Will be livestreaming/casting this tournament! Be sure to give him a follow over at his Twitch channel HERE.
To choose which match Josh will stream will depend on the team playing. There will be a short talk (after the random matching system) to decide on which matches will be livestreamed.
Please note that the stream will have a delay of 3 minutes to prevent stream sniping / Eco sniping.
We are by no means expecting it, but if every member of the team contributed even a tiny amount towards the community, like £1, we would gain a sizable amount
of money. Everything we make, from the tournament or otherwise, is always reinvested into Extreme Network.
Please consider donating to ENW for the upkeep of the servers as well as prize money for other events.
We are pleased to offer you some things in return:
- click HERE for VIP Packages
- click HERE for Donator roles (Click HERE for an update in regards of the Donator perks)
Please note, VIP and Donator is a different role. Please be careful with choosing what you want
Thanks for taking part in this tournament, we're looking forward to hosting it for you!
The leadership team (And the pleb retakes SL)