mEDeZ

The future of ENW

Please read the post before voting  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What servers would you like to see stay?

2. 2. Your second choice (Votes will be combined)

3. 3. What, if anything, would make you inclined to purchase a VIP package?

• More character models, auras, trails, etc
    • Additional gameplay perks, such as the armour bonus
    • Stuff out of game, fuck knows what that could be
    • A VIP+ package that gives extra perks for a higher price
    • Changing the way you pay for VIP, by introducing card payments or changing from monthly renewal
    • Something else (Please comment what)
    • Nothing

Hi all,

Today it was brought to our attention that the next CSGO update will bring with it the end of MOTD windows in game. This means that, at least for the foreseeable future, we aren't going to be able to run adverts on our community servers. The revenue generated by our adverts counts for around 75% of our total income. As you can imagine, this puts us in a bit of a pickle.

Now is the time for us to decide what we want to do with ENW. Our most obvious choice is to size down to a point where our costs will be affordable, but that means we need to cut a large portion of the servers. Without a doubt, Jailbreak will remain - it has stood the test of time all these years, since back when I founded the server, and it will continue to do so until the very end of the community. We will also ensure that at least one of the retakes servers will remain, but aside from that everything has to be considered.

This is a community, run on the generous contributions of our VIPs and players. It wouldn't be right for just the Owners to be making these decisions. We need your input. Please vote above on what servers you would like to see stay or be reintroduced, and feel free to give any comments or suggestions on where we all go from here. We'll also still need to have our income, so we're going to take a proper look at revamping our whole VIP system. 

Also, I know I haven't given anyone their prizes for the tournament, but I'm afraid this is our number one priority. When its all sorted, we'll get the prizes handed out.

Thanks all,

Schwarz, Medez and Joram

Why does minigames even have 6 votes , we should just accept that it's dead , it's been tested and updated by 3 different server leaders since mid 2017 (mist , jopie and yoblana) and it never became alive compared to 2016. Sure it had some players here and there but the highest peak since 2018 started has been when I invited like 10 ex staff and old players.

Meanwhile KZ has so much potenial , but sadly the server hasn't been updated since Dankhus resigned (which was like 5 months ago) i remember during March when it had 20 players daily and at times was even the most popular server , but sadly JT has not updated it at all since he became the server leader , hasn't added the new maps etc.

Funnily enough sometimes i even see KZ have more players than MG

If possible neither of the retakes should be removed due to retakes 1 and 2 players disliking eachother , and if retakes 2 gets removed i just can see the amount of toxic people in forums , discord and retakes.

And also both the retakes are doing just fine IMO.

And why is surf combat even in the list , it's the server with the most active playerbase

TL;DR Remove minigames and KZ VIP , try to give kz one last chance by updating it and if it doesn't work just remove it aswell

52 minutes ago, PizzaFromWalmart said:

TL;DR Remove minigames and KZ VIP

kz vip is already getting removed and the the whole point of the vote is to see the what people opinions are. And what the majority votes for. You can’t just void the results for your own personal opinion.

30 minutes ago, Yoblana said:

kz vip is already getting removed and the the whole point of the vote is to see the what people opinions are. And what the majority votes for. You can’t just void the results for your own personal opinion.

So you're gonna let such an important decision to be  handled by players who only play 1 server.

And also keep in mind that 11 out of the 21 votes atm are from players that rarely play or are banned for a long time at the moment?

1 hour ago, PizzaFromWalmart said:

Why does minigames even have 6 votes , we should just accept that it's dead , it's been tested and updated by 3 different server leaders since mid 2017 (mist , jopie and yoblana) and it never became alive compared to 2016. Sure it had some players here and there but the highest peak since 2018 started has been when I invited like 10 ex staff and old players.

Meanwhile KZ has so much potenial , but sadly the server hasn't been updated since Dankhus resigned (which was like 5 months ago) i remember during March when it had 20 players daily and at times was even the most popular server , but sadly JT has not updated it at all since he became the server leader , hasn't added the new maps etc.

Funnily enough sometimes i even see KZ have more players than MG

If possible neither of the retakes should be removed due to retakes 1 and 2 players disliking eachother , and if retakes 2 gets removed i just can see the amount of toxic people in forums , discord and retakes.

And also both the retakes are doing just fine IMO.

And why is surf combat even in the list , it's the server with the most active playerbase

TL;DR Remove minigames and KZ VIP , try to give kz one last chance by updating it and if it doesn't work just remove it aswell

Agree on everything

1 hour ago, PizzaFromWalmart said:

not JB?

3 minutes ago, PizzaFromWalmart said:

So you're gonna let such an important decision to be  handled by players who only play 1 server.

And also keep in mind that 11 out of the 21 votes atm are from players that rarely play or are banned for a long time at the moment?

If you care so much on who exactly votes. Then it should be a staff vote. Because we can’t just let a few players vote and not all of them.

2 hours ago, Yoblana said:

If you care so much on who exactly votes. Then it should be a staff vote. Because we can’t just let a few players vote and not all of them.

but staff dont play all servers so you could argue its equally as bias but with less people voting

10 minutes ago, chief said:

but staff dont play all servers so you could argue its equally as bias but with less people voting

i said if he wants to limit the amount of people who can vote (which shouldn’t happen) it should be staff as you cannot judge which players should have an opinion or not.

I mean all players have the equal right to vote what they want no matter if they have low activity. The chances of players who have been banned voting won't really be a lot since the ones that do are just the trolling ones who have been banned and are known to the community (Not a lot of them). Majority of people will be regulars so that's not really a problem.

I think it's best to have all players opinions because in personal opinion i think regular players on all ENW servers know what they like and don't and know what they will play more.

1 hour ago, Yoblana said:

i said if he wants to limit the amount of people who can vote (which shouldn’t happen) it should be staff as you cannot judge which players should have an opinion or not.

you also have to keep in mind that not all kz and retakes players use the forums so the voting wont really reflect everyones opinions well

Perhaps people should spread awareness of this because i was completely clueless until Galaxy mentioned it and i am a very active player. It isn't just kz players who dont really use the forums but i imagine alot of the well known active players who's opinions are vital as they play the server so much don't use the forums at all... Like this i only came back to reading the forums yesterday so it says alot ^^