Sign in to follow this  
China_Fury

Beware of the scam

Hello, I just make this post because some bastard just tried to scam me.

ย 

Added me on Steam first, then said that my knife is awesome (which I already knew) and then asked me if I wanted to trade it.

ย 

Even if I refused, he told me that he would give me "Steam money"...

ย 

His offer looked like this :ย 

ย 

1zubWlY.png

ย 

Lel...

ย 

The actual trade was this one :ย 

ย 

HbVyrDG.png

ย 

But this offer came in the same time with the "false" text of Steam, so it could be confusing.

ย 

The steamID of the guy :ย http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198118126727

ย 

He keeps erasing my comments ^^

ย 

Feel free to make him great offer, buy him his AWP with STEAM EUROS ofc, lel.

ย 

Take care m8.

Never accept any friend request of an unknown person, nor when you are selling stuff on the market.

Sometimes the men will automatically open a chat with you, and they will send you a link (if you click the phishing link, the suspect will steal all of your inventory).

"Hi, my buddy Jim wants to trade a knife with you. He cannot use his steam at the moment, but here are screenshots from his great knife : http.blablablazomgplzclickherenoobsoicanrobyourinventory.donk"

If you are tired, you could click the link by mistake and loose all you got.

Reported him ;)

I love those types of scams, the spelling is enough humour for me, not including the rest of it :lol:

Totally ! Even if I'm not English native, there's some missing spaces... I don't think Steam would make this kind of little mistake, I mean it's obvious.

But the guy already have a knife in his inventory :( poor steam user...

I reported him 3 minutes after accepted him indeed ^^

Those "transaction scams" have been known for quite a while now and it is funny how they think people are dumb enough to fall for it. But anyways good job for posting it because there are always people who haven't seen them yet.

This happens to me on daily base, or this, or some1 who tires to do the man in the middle scamm, or tries to get my credentials by asking me to go to a site like

www(.)steamcommunLity(.)com or something like that

ย 

Daily basis ? Wow, it must be annoying...

He tried to add me too, he had JS on hes friendlist so I though they were friends

He gave me a good laugh tho xD

ย 

Haha ! Do like me, ask him for a shitty deal but with like 200 "steam euros" in the message ^^