Netflix

Deathrun or Speedrun?

6 minutes ago, ⎛⎞⎛⎞Mr Beaver⎛⎞⎛⎞ said:

Even a change like adding a speed limit like that or even higher will have a massive backlash thanks to many peoples strategy's being made useless thanks to the fact that many maps have the player reach speeds upwards of 1000 just doing the map without prespeeding and some people on maps like boobs wishing to prespeed up to 1100 speed at spawn to jump past the trap that replaces where the exploit was.

I don't know these maps but that sounds like said players only skill comes from their high velocity, if a player is reaching speeds of 1000 how does the death keep up with them?  If there is a trap which requires a high amount of speed you can set a zone which increases and limits speed before and after the trap

Alot of players skill can be from them being able to get to high speed to be able to do skips but just because they can reach high speeds does not mean they can do the map as most maps include a speed boost for the T sometimes up to 4x speed letting them easily go as fast as the CT's, another part of a CT's skill can be from how good their strafes are allowing them to quickly gain speed or recover from hitting an obstacle or saving them selves from a trap at the cost of their speed, CT's can also benefit from knowing the traps ,how long they take to activate and how to bait them as well as how to avoid traps and if they will survive if they just go through them (some traps can deal a few damage a hit while others are certain death) their are also skips that player can do by jumping round traps that may not be as obvious or include some risk and the T has a few traps normally in each map where the CT's just can't pass by without exploiting or maybe there is literally no way to get past them.

Most people normally don't get the 1000 speed at the start of the map giving people plenty of time to catch up to them but I was taking examples from people like Fin and Swangin who gain 1100 speed in spawn.

6 minutes ago, ⎛⎞⎛⎞Mr Beaver⎛⎞⎛⎞ said:

Alot of players skill can be from them being able to get to high speed to be able to do skips but just because they can reach high speeds does not mean they can do the map as most maps include a speed boost for the T sometimes up to 4x speed letting them easily go as fast as the CT's, another part of a CT's skill can be from how good their strafes are allowing them to quickly gain speed or recover from hitting an obstacle or saving them selves from a trap at the cost of their speed, CT's can also benefit from knowing the traps ,how long they take to activate and how to bait them as well as how to avoid traps and if they will survive if they just go through them (some traps can deal a few damage a hit while others are certain death) their are also skips that player can do by jumping round traps that may not be as obvious or include some risk and the T has a few traps normally in each map where the CT's just can't pass by without exploiting or maybe there is literally no way to get past them.

Most people normally don't get the 1000 speed at the start of the map giving people plenty of time to catch up to them but I was taking examples from people like Fin and Swangin who gain 1100 speed in spawn.

You've just described how overpowered autohop is and the maps I've played it doesn't matter if the t has a speedboost they still cant keep up, jumping around traps was more than likely not intended by the map makers

When people asked princess about the old boost exploit on princess boobs she said that she didn't think that it was an exploit but instead the fact that autohop was on was the reason for it being so overpowered

Most of the maps are easy and that is obviously what people enjoy since the easy maps are overplayed and the harder but still fair maps are never played as people can't do them and don't enjoy the challenge of only finishing the map only once or not even once for 1 game and shout for people to rtv as they would rather get through the map and kill the T than slowly going through a map before dying and discovering they were no where near the end. As auto bhop is on, sure it makes the job of the CT's easier but that is what the people want.

People like the cancer. They like +lefting and getting that stupid amount of speed. It attracts players so getting rid of it would be stupid.

Since 99% of the server hates being T but loves being CT, the only change  that would "please" everyone would be to buff T's.

So, there are two ways of doing this that I've think of:

- Increase the T speed in his area of the map.

- Increase the number of T's.

But, increasing the T speed would lead to him getting stupid amounts of speed, and there are finish's in some maps where CT's go into the T area, that would make it very hard to shoot the T. And there are also maps where having 2 T's would be OP, dont know if there is a way to set the number of T's only to certain maps (for example in deluxe, having 2 T's but in simpsons having 1).

About bringing the old school players back, and I'll speak for my experience: there is not enough good maps, and there is not enough variety. I get tired of playing after 1 or 2 maps. The community are just kids that have no respect for anyone and think that they look cool when they break the rules when no admins are online. 

This has been discussed before, people are used to how deathrun works in ENW. If we suddenly were to change that we would lose 50% of the current deathrun playerbase, and we wouldn't be sure whether removing autohop / +lefting / no speed limit would attract new players. It's too risky for possibly no reward at all.

I will admit that the server can be rather cancerous at times thanks to the constant mic spam, exploitation of the map and racism/homophobia of some of the users who just seem to enjoy annoying others as a means to entertain them selves which is mostly found with large amount of "squeakers" who now join the server but can also be found in some of  the older users.

7 hours ago, Netflix said:

The only big change Chris's slay zone which isn't relevant here is that it stops all the reports specific to that map, flowing through the forums and causes the map to be played in a which allows the deaths a chance against speedrunners

T's can still win against speed runners you just have to play incorrectly and prepare for the speedrunners.

That deathrun has a no speed limit in the start zone is utterly fucking ridiculous, ofcourse shit like this would happen. It's not even a mod to have autohop on, and then its combined with a no speed limit it just wont work with the whole basic idea of deathrun. And now you're stuck with a playerbase that likes to fly through maps with pre speeding and any effort to fix that will only be met with resistance from the deathrun players because they're used to it.

Probaly any changes to improve the balancement of this server will most likely make it harder for the runners side, hence why no one wants to change a damn thing.

In my honest opinion: No pre speed in start zone, cap the velocity, or remove autohop all together if you want a normal and balanced functioning deathrun server