Construcker

Should Gamers be a Culture? (Say your Opinion)

Should Gamer/s be a Culture?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

For me there are too many kinds of gamers, from the casual to the hardcore, the professionals... It's too varied for me to think of it as a culture. I'm not saying it isn't either, just... I don't see it that way.

I'm the only one who said "Yes" to this question ? Woow, man...

Okay, let's start from the scratch : it's not because there's too many different type of gamers that gamers doesn't have their own subculture. There's a lot of different religious people, there's a lot different christians, lot of different dance existing in the world, lot of different food in countries, lot of different stuff we can easily put in the same thing. What's a culture ? A thing who link people ? Since I'm on ENW, I met a lot of people that I certainly never spoke with IRL (I mean, seriously, Zorex in Turkey ? I've never been there and I don't know what it's look like ^^) but we just happily fragged zombies together last time, and it was fun. That's why I think it's a culture. Just have a look on MLG video, the code they use... Have a look on a MLG tournament, all this excitement that your parents probably don't understand, because they don't have this game culture. I'm not saying that parents are lame or something ^^ Just the fact that they'll probably do not laugh about a random MLG video and we do. So there's a reason, obviously. 

I'm the only one who said "Yes" to this question ? Woow, man...

Okay, let's start from the scratch : it's not because there's too many different type of gamers that gamers doesn't have their own subculture. There's a lot of different religious people, there's a lot different christians, lot of different dance existing in the world, lot of different food in countries, lot of different stuff we can easily put in the same thing. What's a culture ? A thing who link people ? Since I'm on ENW, I met a lot of people that I certainly never spoke with IRL (I mean, seriously, Zorex in Turkey ? I've never been there and I don't know what it's look like ^^) but we just happily fragged zombies together last time, and it was fun. That's why I think it's a culture. Just have a look on MLG video, the code they use... Have a look on a MLG tournament, all this excitement that your parents probably don't understand, because they don't have this game culture. I'm not saying that parents are lame or something ^^ Just the fact that they'll probably do not laugh about a random MLG video and we do. So there's a reason, obviously. 

I agree on everything you just said :)

To be honest, this is not a normal topic, this is one of those topics anyone can reply on at any given time.

If it would be a topic like an introduction I would have agreed with you delta.

To be honest, this is not a normal topic, this is one of those topics anyone can reply on at any given time.

If it would be a topic like an introduction I would have agreed with you delta.

I think the rules need updating then as it doesn't specify it being about a certain topic :P

I think the rules need updating then as it doesn't specify it being about a certain topic :P

no, bump unless it's needed.

but these dumb short answers also make no sense

no, bump unless it's needed.

but these dumb short answers also make no sense

That's why I initially closed it, there was no input just a 'sure bruh'. But yes I agree with Dylan hat some topics can be 'long-running' as such. :D