Sign in to follow this  
JPunch

More Admins

It's hard to get admins active 24/7 on the server, people have work, school and lives to attend to and most of these go on at the same time. However, you can always post on the websites shout box or message an admin if you need help.

I try to be in deathrun everyday, have been able to accomplish that but the problem is, after 3 or 4 maps that I can put up with (examples tropical island, hot desert, blblblbl etc) it just gets too boring because those maps are too easy and can be done within 30 secs of the round start(a good T can delay but with so much people its hard to kill every1).

Then there are the maps I always go on the server if I see that its on that map: deluxe ( and sometimes crashbandicoot).

New maps have been added that I havent got a chance to play because the players always pick the noob friendly maps: simpsons, family guy, southpark. And the fact that out of probably 25-30 maps (not sure about the number) only 10-12 are played just makes the server boring for the people that are there for a long time (I've been playing for almost a year now on DR.) So sorry that maybe I spend time on either a different game or on the mini games server more than I do on deathrun but its just starting to get boring for me :/

I try to be in deathrun everyday, have been able to accomplish that but the problem is, after 3 or 4 maps that I can put up with (examples tropical island, hot desert, blblblbl etc) it just gets too boring because those maps are too easy and can be done within 30 secs of the round start(a good T can delay but with so much people its hard to kill every1).

Then there are the maps I always go on the server if I see that its on that map: deluxe ( and sometimes crashbandicoot).

New maps have been added that I havent got a chance to play because the players always pick the noob friendly maps: simpsons, family guy, southpark. And the fact that out of probably 25-30 maps (not sure about the number) only 10-12 are played just makes the server boring for the people that are there for a long time (I've been playing for almost a year now on DR.) So sorry that maybe I spend time on either a different game or on the mini games server more than I do on deathrun but its just starting to get boring for me :/

Relating to the MG thread, maybe it would be better if nominate/voting was removed, would allow for more variety of the map pool. :D

We don't cherrypick our admins, we let them apply here and then we see if they are ready; we might give a nudge if we think somebody could be a good admin, but all in all, it's down to the person's choice, and if nobody from Deathrun who is active wants to be an admin themselves, it's quite hard to force our current admins to like a gamemode which may not be their particular favourite, I know that some admins (such as Construcker, Mario, and myself) visit Deathrun as much as we can (alright, maybe not myself as much as I could), but we do have other servers to moderate on too.

I admire that you want to help the server, and trust me, Deathrun certainly needs it, so to help us, if you could tell some of the active players, who you may believe are suitable to be an admin (15+, active, mature etc...) that they should sign up on the forums, get to know the rest of us for a few weeks, and then try applying. The only issue I think there is though, there aren't many Deathrun players who I would remotely consider for admin, that said, I'm not active enough to judge fully, so if you could just get the word out, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

90% of the players if not 99 or even 100 break the rules when im not there, sad really. Everytime I get there I even hear shhh Mários here, next map half of the people are gone because I assume they think its boring and the other half is just quiet because their afraid or something :( So yeah only player I would recomend would be cookies but he got back today from a long time not playing, so not active at all.

Totally agree, If there is not an admin on everybody breaks every rule possible. Talking their own language, giving free stuff, mic spamming. Just the anoying stuff, but everything stops when an admin comes online